When most people think of Arizona, they think of big cities such as Havasu City, Phoenix, Sedona, and Chandler. They also think about golf, the heat, desert, and the Grand Canyon. However, there is so much more to this state than just that. Here are some little known things about Arizona that you may not be aware of.
1. The state of Arizona is home to the largest population of Native Americans in the United States. In fact, there are approx. 22 federally recognized Native American tribes that call Arizona home.
2. Arizona is also home to the largest concentration of desert plants in the world. There are more than 2,000 different species of cacti and other desert plants that can be found in Arizona.
3. The state bird of Arizona is the cactus wren. This bird is found in the desert regions of the state and is known for its loud and distinct call. The cactus wren is the largest member of the genus Campylorhynchus.
4. The saguaro cactus is the largest cactus in the world and can only be found in the Sonoran Desert, which is located in Arizona. These cacti can grow to be over 60 feet tall and can live for over 200 years.
5. The first ever rodeo was held in Prescott, Arizona in 1888. This event is now known as the World’s Oldest Rodeo and takes place every year in Prescott.
6. Tucson is home to the University of Arizona, which is the oldest university in the state. The university was founded in 1885 and has an enrollment of over 40,000 students.
7. Phoenix, Arizona is the fifth largest city in the United States with a population of over 1.5 million people. The city is also the capital of Arizona and is home to many large corporations such as Intel and American Airlines.
8. The Grand Canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world and is a must-see for anyone visiting Arizona. The canyon is over a mile deep in some places and is truly an amazing sight to behold.
9. Sedona, Arizona is a beautiful city located in the red rock country of northern Arizona. The city is home to many art galleries, shops, and restaurants and is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.
10. If you’re looking for a place to enjoy the great outdoors, Flagstaff is the perfect place for you. The city is located just a short drive from some of Arizona’s most popular attractions, including the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and Antelope Canyon. In addition, Flagstaff is home to Lowell Observatory, where you can view the stars through one of the world’s largest telescopes.
If you’re thinking about making a move to Arizona, you’re not alone. The state is becoming increasingly popular. Whether you’re looking for a gated community or a retirement oasis, we can help you find the perfect piece of Arizona real estate. We specialize in luxury homes and condos, as well as investment properties and parcels of land. No matter what your budget or preferences, we can help you find the perfect place to call home.
One of the things we love most about the state is that you can enjoy a slower pace of life without sacrificing any of the amenities of a big city. Whether you’re looking for world-class golfing, hiking, biking, or just relaxing by the pool, you’ll find it all here. And with so many communities to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your lifestyle. If you’re considering a move to Arizona, we would be happy to help you find the perfect property. Contact us to learn more about our services and how we can help you make the move.